Saturday, November 23, 2019

Author Amy Romine ~ Saturday Seven ~ November 23rd 2019

Happy Saturday, what have you been up to this week? Here is a rundown of highlights for the week. I hope you find them useful in your life! My goal as a person and a writer are to always Pay-It-Forward, so please let me know how I can help you. YES, YOU!
Enjoy your weekend & this post! Amazing things to come!
~Amy


What am I Reading? -  It seems every time I make a dent in my list, I add more books! Have to say, I kinda love it! Christmas Hostages (A Mission Justice Book) by Elizabeth A.Wilson, ~ A reluctant speaker at a pre-Christmas elementary school assembly, FBI Special Agent Lucas Shaw feels the eyes of hundreds of children pleading with him for protection when South Mountain Militia storms the building. Scrambling against a ticking clock, Lucas must find a way to get the children and faculty to safety, a daunting task for a single armed federal agent against a small army of gunmen. As if the pressure of his task isn’t bad enough, his day is about to get even worse. Fighting for her life when captured by a gunman, Lexie North manages to escape only to collide with Lucas — a man who has every reason to hate her. With danger closing in on them, rescuing the hostages and ultimately their own survival depends on their ability to work together. But can they put aside their past to do it?

Rapid Release by Jewel Allen This one was recommended to me and an interesting idea if you can pull it off. - When novelist Jewel Allen's earnings tapered to a buck per month for each of her 11 books on her backlist, she knew she had to change her self-publishing model. Applying the principles of rapid release, where an author publishes fast to keep readers’ interest before the dreaded 30-day cliff, she started a to-market series and recouped five times her investment in 30 days. She repeated it, not just once, but six times on her way to energizing her publishing career.

What am I Listening to? –  To be honest, Talk Radio, I am a politics junkie. Government soap operas are so fascinating (LOVED West Wing BTW), so I have been tuning in to listen in on the rhetoric and hysteria. Very interesting.

What Quote am I pondering? –  “If someone asked me to define Hell, I would say ~ being separated from the ones you love the most.” ~ Unknown

What am I Researching? –  Publishing Houses and where I want to go with all these ideas I have. What is the end game? Do I even have one? I found out I do.
·         Develop a resource for all authors to achieve their goals.
·         Create a national support network for authors of all kinds to connect based on giving and not receiving. Reciprocity, confidence building, encouragement and real life tools to help them move forward
·         Continue writing the books I love and setting an example for my children to follow
·         Sharing what I’ve learned about balanced living, following their passions and living their best life
·         In the end, writers shape the world, past, present, and future. I am a writer.

Yummy Meal of the Week – This week had to be Chicken and Dumplings YUM!

What did I Learn? –  I am grateful for the only person or obstacle standing in my way is myself.

What am I Watching? – My son and I watched a new show on Netflix. Unfortunately, we only made it through one episode. It is called Daybreak – a biochemical weapon that turns the adult world into ghoulies (brainless human-eating monsters). All that is left is anyone under 18. Interesting premise. Watching the show, it is Ferris Bueller’s Day off meets Zombie Land (Matthew Broderick is in the show, he plays the Principle of the High School). I am not going to spoil anything, and I may just not have been in the mood, but...eh not overly impressed. I will give it three episodes, though, just to be fair.
  
That is all for this week, my lovelies!
I hope you have an amazing week, and I will talk to you all next Saturday!

*BONUS Content ~

Have any thoughts on my week’s activity or want to make a recommendation? Drop me a line or a tweet. One lucky commenter will win a free Romine book of their choice! Never want to miss a blog post or a Saturday Seven? Join my mailing list, and I will be happy to send it straight to your inbox!

Happy Holidays! ~

The Prophet and the Snow Angel, my Christmas release is coming Dec 6th! It is available for Pre-Order Now. Pre Order a copy before Dec 6th, and I will send you a Swag Grab Bag full of goodies! Just send me an email with your name, address, and date of purchase. 😊


Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!