Saturday, August 1, 2020

Saturday Seven ~ 1st Aug, 2020

Happy Saturday, what have you been up to this week? Here is a rundown of highlights for the week. I hope you find them useful in your life! My goal as a person and a writer are to always Pay-It-Forward, so please let me know how I can help you. YES, YOU!


Enjoy your weekend & this post! Amazing things to come!

~Amy



What am I Reading? – Last week I was given an assignment by my PA. I need to read and review four horror novels for Halloween 2020. I picked my books and now I will start reading. Third on the list –




Intercepts by T.J. Payne

Joe works at a facility that performs human experimentation.

His work just followed him home.

The government wanted to unlock hidden abilities in the human mind.

They put subjects in extreme sensory deprivation.

All the test subjects went violently insane.

But the research continued.

Today it has been perfected.

Almost perfected.



What am I Listening to? –  
Mel Robbins – Take Control of Your Life – Audible Original - Mel Robbins is back! The international bestselling phenomenon and creator of The Five Second Rule and Kick Ass with Mel Robbins returns to help you tackle the single biggest obstacle you face: fear. This life-changing Audible Original features a powerful mix of one-on-one life-coaching sessions and a personal narrative with vital take-aways that you can start using immediately.

With humor and wisdom, Mel Robbins expertly tackles the fear of change, rejection, and being alone, as well as imposter syndrome and feeling trapped in the wrong career. Each session is a goldmine of discovery as Mel guides you to find your purpose, improve your relationships, and ultimately take control of your life. In these times of high anxiety, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed - that changes right now. If you want the tools to break free from fear and live to your fullest potential, this is a must-listen.

 

What Quote am I Pondering? – “For years we have thought of TRAUMA as physically events that are shocking and scarring. Emotional trauma, while leaving no physical scars and is absorbed instead of seen, is many times more severe and takes longer to resolve. Emotion trauma becomes an unconscious truth we need to redefine.”

 

What am I Researching? –  As Stupid Car (my current WIP) is winding down I am surveying the options for my next few projects. Lining up what I will need to complete. One of the topics I will need to investigate and do some reading on is PTSD and Veteran services. Thankfully, I have several real world resources for these!




Yummy Meal of the Week – Buffalo Chicken Meatballs! – I started out making these because I craved them. Then an unexpected birthday party arose and I made them again – total hit at the party! Wahoo for me. Spicy, Keto friendly and ohhh soooo addictive.

 

What did I Learn? – Like I said in earlier posts, I am working on my baggage and letting it go! Something I heard the other day was eye opening and I had a breakthrough concerning my own anxiety and writing. It was a smack on the head moment, and I am happy I uncovered it so I can move forward!

 

What am I Watching? – Game of Thrones. I have given up on watching with my son, he takes too long. I am on Season 6 Ep 8. Also watched the Entertainment Tonight Reunion shows for Buffy and Angel. I loved these shows so much! It was awesome hearing from Joss Wheadon and the actors and actresses. 


*BONUS Content ~ 

That is all for this week, my lovelies!
I hope you have an amazing week, and I will talk to you all next Saturday!

Have any thoughts on my week’s activity or want to make a recommendation? Drop me a line or a tweet. One lucky commentor will win a free Romine book of their choice! Never want to miss a blog post or a Saturday Seven? Join my mailing list, and I will be happy to send it straight to your inbox!


 

 














###


Come Find Me!


Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!