Saturday, July 25, 2020

Saturday Seven ~ July 25th, 2020

Happy Saturday, what have you been up to this week? Here is a rundown of highlights for the week. I hope you find them useful in your life! My goal as a person and a writer are to always Pay-It-Forward, so please let me know how I can help you. YES, YOU!

Enjoy your weekend & this post! Amazing things to come!
~Amy


 
What am I Reading? – Last week I was given an assignment by my PA. I need to read and review four horror novels for Halloween 2020. I picked my books and now I will start reading. Second on the list - Sleep Disorders by Mark Lukens



Twenty-six-year-old Zach Hughes and his wife Michelle were just hoping to have a nice dinner at a restaurant on a Friday evening. As Zach is seated at the table, Michelle goes to the restroom . . . she never comes back.

After a frantic search, the only thing Zach finds is his wife's purse in the bathroom with her keys, money, and cell phone inside. The only witness is an elderly woman who saw Michelle leave with a man. Zach believes his wife was taken.

The police are called, but they get nowhere, believing Michelle left Zach. The next morning, Zach is questioned by two detectives who believe he did something terrible to his wife. With no police help, Zach begins searching for his wife, unearthing clues. As he digs into her past, he finds that she's led a secret life.

Every night since Michelle's disappearance, Zach wakes up to find himself fully dressed, the lights on in his house, and his front door unlocked. Has he been sleepwalking? He's never done that before. Could it be connected to his wife's disappearance? He films himself while he sleeps to see where he goes while sleepwalking, to see what he does.

What he sees on the video scares him to death . . . and it's only the beginning.

What am I Listening to? –  I have discovered Gaia. Yes, it is a TV channel, however, it is also an awesome audio treasure trove. Most of the ‘episodes’ are of someone talking and or explaining a concept and there are rare times where you need to see what they are talking about, so I just listen. My favorite series right now is Rewired by Dr. Joe Dispenza

What Quote am I Pondering? “If you don’t know how to control your emotional reactions and there’s a refractory period, and you let that emotional reaction linger for hours or days, it turns into a mood. So you say to someone, ‘What’s wrong with you?’ The person says, ‘I’m in a mood.’ Then you say, ‘Why are you in a mood?’ They say, ‘Well, this thing happened to me five days ago and I’m having one long emotional reaction.’ If you keep that refractory period going for weeks and months, you’ve developed a temperament. If you keep that same refractory period going on for years, it’s called a personality trait.” — Dr. Joe Dispenza ~ WOW!

What am I Researching? –  Everything. Mostly how to be my best self and live my most authentic life. Sounds easy – actually, it doesn’t, and it’s not. Yet, it is. While the research I am doing is exhausting, confusing and at time frustrating I feel myself growing each day. I am creating my future self now. One step at a time.



Yummy Meal of the Week – This really hasn’t been the week for cooking. That being said, my favorite meal of the week was Spam burgers with Zack. Yes, Spam burgers. Lettuce, tomato, Mayo and a bun. Like it or loathe it, I said YUM!

What did I Learn? – I learned that sometimes it is better to walk away. People have their own baggage to figure out. Their own stuff, and I don’t need to wait, wonder and or be abused while they figure out their shit. Just because you love someone does not mean you have to like them.

What am I Watching? – Game of Thrones. I have given up on watching with my son, he takes too long. I am on Season 4 Ep 7 Mockingbird. Have to say my two favorite characters are Tyrion and The Mother of Dragons.  

  
*BONUS Content ~ 
That is all for this week, my lovelies!
I hope you have an amazing week, and I will talk to you all next Saturday!
Have any thoughts on my week’s activity or want to make a recommendation? Drop me a line or a tweet. One lucky commentor will win a free Romine book of their choice! Never want to miss a blog post or a Saturday Seven? Join my mailing list, and I will be happy to send it straight to your inbox!

###



Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!