Saturday, July 18, 2020

Saturday Seven ~ 18th July, 2020

Happy Saturday, what have you been up to this week? Here is a rundown of highlights for the week. I hope you find them useful in your life! My goal as a person and a writer are to always Pay-It-Forward, so please let me know how I can help you. YES, YOU!

Enjoy your weekend & this post! Amazing things to come!

~Amy



What am I Reading? –
I was given an assignment by my PA. I need to read and review four horror novels for Halloween 2020. I picked my books and now I will start reading. First up is 

All towns have secrets. But none like Netherwell Bay…

‘Sis, I’m in trouble. Real trouble. And I need help.’
After receiving a worrying message from her estranged brother, Beth Davis sets out to find and help him, ending up in the strange, coastal town of Netherwell Bay.
There, she begins to witness terrifying and unexplainable things, and reports of ritualistic murders have the town panicked.
A sinister cult soon makes its presence known, and the dark history of Netherwell Bay is unveiled. Beth then finds herself in a race against time to stop a doorway to Hell from opening… permanently.
The Netherwell Horror is a Lovecraftian mystery that quickly descends into madness, sickening violence, and chaos. Fans of Silent Hill will love this nightmarish tale, but those of a squeamish disposition need not apply…

What am I Listening to? –  Five Second Rule by Mel Robbins. Yes, I know I talked about this one last week but OMG. It is changing my life. Seriously! I am so going to need to purchase this book. (I have the audiobook) LOL. 


What Quote am I Pondering? – “Leadership is Action, not Position.” Don’t preach to me about what you are doing to do – do it. Just because you are in charge doesn’t mean you are gonna do squat.

What am I Researching? –  Luxury living in Atlanta. Turns out one of the most expensive places to live in Georgia is Buckhorn. I was researching locations for Stupid Car. Jess, my MC has an apartment in Atlanta. He is a millionaire, so we need some serious swank and I think I found it at the Sutton. Wowzah! I could live here for a bit with no problem. 

Yummy Meal of the Week – Family Nachos – Layer of chips. Layer of beef (ground beef cooked with mild taco seasoning), Layer of Queso (Velveeta Cheese mixed with mild salsa for 5 mins in the microwave) Another Layer of chips, beef and queso. Topped off with chopped tomatoes, scallions and served with sour cream and guacamole on the side. YUM!
 
What did I Learn? – Working seven days a week is not that bad. I do have to make sure I allow recovery time. The body is not as young as it used to be. 😊


What am I Watching? – So many great shows out there right now. Hollywood has finally shifted gears considering COVID. I already mentioned Southern Survival. There is also The Floor is Lava, did you play this game as a kid? My new retreat – Warrior Nun ~ After waking up in a morgue, an orphaned teen discovers she now possesses superpowers as the chosen Halo Bearer for a secret sect of demon-hunting nuns. ~Oh yes, the show is completely badass, and I love it!
  
*BONUS Content ~ 
That is all for this week, my lovelies!
I hope you have an amazing week, and I will talk to you all next Saturday!
Have any thoughts on my week’s activity or want to make a recommendation? Drop me a line or a tweet. One lucky commenter will win a free Romine book of their choice! Never want to miss a blog post or a Saturday Seven? Join my mailing list, and I will be happy to send it straight to your inbox!

 

















###

Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!