Saturday, May 9, 2020

Saturday Seven ~ Romine's Weekly Roundup!


Happy Saturday, what have you been up to this week? Here is a rundown of highlights for the week. I hope you find them useful in your life! My goal as a person and a writer are to always Pay-It-Forward, so please let me know how I can help you. YES, YOU!

Enjoy your weekend & this post! Amazing things to come!
~Amy

Photo by Lidya Nada on Unsplash


What am I Reading – This week I have started Salem’s Cipher by Jess Lourey. I read Unspeakable Things a few weeks ago and while I liked it, I didn’t LOVE it. I decided to give the author another chance with a story that is a little more my style. Check it out hereSalem Wiley is a genius cryptanalyst, courted by the world's top security agencies ever since her quantum computing breakthrough. She's also an agoraphobe shackled to a narrow routine since her father's suicide. When her intelligence work unexpectedly exposes a sinister plot to assassinate the country's first viable female presidential candidate, Salem finds herself both target and detective in a modern day witch hunt.
Drawn into a labyrinth of messages encrypted by Emily Dickinson and codes tucked inside the Beale Cipher a hundred years earlier, Salem begins to uncover the truth: an ancient and ruthless group is hell-bent on ruling the world, and only a select group of women stands in its way.

What am I Listening to – I have been listening to a lot of meditations on several different apps trying to find the one I like the most? Right now, testing out Calm, Deep Calm and Infinite Abundance. So far, Calm is the winner but still testing.

What am I Researching – Knights of the Gold Circle – This is a secret confederate brotherhood. I was researching secret societies for my current WIP Stupid car and came across this group. Wow. It ties in perfectly with my hidden treasure theme!

What did I Learn – Changing your sleep schedule is more challenging than initially thought. I am doing a month-long experiment to change my daily schedule. The goal is to start my day at 4 AM. The challenge is getting my butt up and out of bed, as well as having the energy to sustain the day. I have been recording the results day-by-day and will be posting the results to my YouTube Channel.

What am I Watching? – The Rise of Skywalker – Episode IX in the Start Wars Saga – I watched this not realizing it was May the 4th ( I think there is some subliminal stuff going on there). LOVED it! Rey is such a wonderfully strong but conflicted character as well as Ben. Such an amazing story.

Yummy Meal of the Week – Rice and Vegetables – You know I LOVE easy! Rice, mushroom soup, salted butter, and mixed vegetables. Throw the rice, 3 tablespoons of butter, water to rice ratio minus one cup, and the mushroom soup in your pressure or rice cooker. Toss the mixed veggies in the microwave. Wait until the rice mixture cooks. When finished mix well, spoon into a bowl and top with veggies! YUM!

Quote I am Pondering –
“It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to has power over you, if you allow it.”





*BONUS Content ~ Winner Announcement! 
Have any thoughts on my week’s activity or want to make a recommendation? Drop me a line or a tweet. One lucky commenter will win a free Romine book of their choice!




Last week's newsletter COMMENT winner is DEBORAH DUMM!! Thank you for getting in touch. Congratulations! You'll be receiving an email from me shortly.

Photo by bruce mars on Unsplash


That is all for this week, my lovelies.
I hope you have an amazing week, and I will talk to you all next Saturday. ;) 

###


I love to hear your feedback! Leave a comment and let me know what you think and if the post was helpful! If you want more information, or assistance shoot me an email at writingwarriorsunited@gmail.com or ping me on Twitter @AmyJRomine.

Make sure you check out #writingwarriors & @WritingWarrior2 on Twitter!
Also join us @ Writing Warriors on Facebook!



Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!