Saturday, April 11, 2020

Saturday Seven - 11th April, 2020 My Weekly Roundup!





Happy Saturday, what have you been up to this week? Here is a rundown of highlights for the week. I hope you find them useful in your life! My goal as a person and a writer are to always Pay-It-Forward, so please let me know how I can help you. YES, YOU!



Happy Easter :D


Enjoy your weekend & this post! Amazing things to come!

~Amy




What am I Reading? - Love is Blind by Nick Brady ~ A book published by one of my students and I am loving it! ~ Andrew and Ian are students in the same University. Andrew is sighted and Ian is blind. Andrew is curious about how Ian manages to adapt to a sighted world and an unlikely friendship develops. They have much to learn from each other. What begins as a casual friendship evolves into a lasting relationship as two very different people discovered that they are much more alike than they first thought. They share many trials and adventures and eventually make a life together





What am I Listening to?Talk Like TED: The 9 Public Speaking Secrets of the World's Top Minds by Carmine Gallo and Macmillan Audio ~ This listen has helped me break through the barrier I built when it comes to writing my speech. It is a terrific read if you are thinking about public speaking or even if you enjoy TED Talks.


What Quote am I pondering? – We are all coping with an intense tragic event, be patient with yourself. It is okay to just vegetate and process.

Not sure where I saw this, but it affected me. Nothing like COVID19 has ever happened in modern times. The closest we’ve come here in the US is the Swine flu years ago. I am grateful my family and friends are safe and healthy. I have sympathy for all who are afflicted or touched by this Pandemic. I will be patient with the world, social media, and myself.


What am I Researching? – Virtual and Online Classrooms ~ Everything has shut down so Writing Warriors is going virtual. Honestly, I have been struggling with my perfectionist side and the need to move faster. I found Google Classroom, which funny enough my son’s school is using for their lessons as well. We will see how it goes!

Yummy Meal of the Week – Gyros from Arby’s – I haven’t been Arby’s in forever, but my son and I went for a change of pace and good lord what I have been missing. I am a huge fan of Gyros and did not know they have the traditional lamb as an option! Love it!! Go eat now – ask for extra tzatziki for you Gyro and horsy sauce for your curly fries!



What did I Learn? – The average consumer is using more toilet paper – No seriously. Think about it. While the disappearance of toilet paper from grocery store shelves is a result of panic the fact is – we will be using more toilet paper. Normally people are not home from about 7 AM to 5 PM. Now they are, including kiddos. The need to restock toilet paper, paper towels, and garbage bags is going to be more frequent.



What am I Watching?Raising Dion on Netflix ~ keep an eye out for a full review but wow, love the show. Here are the details. A widowed single mom discovers that her son has superpowers and tries to figure out how to raise him safely and responsibly.




That is all for this week, my lovelies!
I hope you have an amazing week, and I will talk to you all next Saturday!



*BONUS Content ~


Have any thoughts on my week’s activity or want to make a recommendation? Drop me a line or a tweet. One lucky commenter will win a free Romine book of their choice! Never want to miss a blog post or a Saturday Seven? Join my mailing list, and I will be happy to send it straight to your inbox!


###




Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!