Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Teaser Tuesday - Stupid Car!

Reese watched Jess’s tight naked ass strolling out of the bathroom and realized she couldn’t look away. Wow. He is completely naked, and it doesn’t even phase him. Maybe she did overreact a tad. She was honestly afraid she’d given the poor elderly man a heart attack. He honestly startled her, and it didn’t have anything to do with him being naked. More of her being naked and a strange man in the shower. What a mess. She was starting to get a headache and rubbed her forehead. Hopefully, Jess would find them some clothes, and they could get out of there, go to the police station and get some freaking sleep. Where the hell was she going to sleep? A couch at the police station? Looking around, she wondered if Sun Meadows had any rooms available. The nakedness was optional. Right?

Good lord, how did I even get here? The events of the night are my punishment for what? Flirting with an attractive, intelligent, funny, guy wasn’t a karma crime, was it? Any romantic notion whatsoever seemed a distant possibility until tonight and while the circumstances are less than ideal, she had as her Mom would say the warm fuzzies. 

It would be at most a one-night stand, maybe two nights depending on how long to took to get a new car.

Oh my god, my car! What the hell am I going to do? I need to call my insurance company—crap where is my phone? Shit, my stuff is in my purse or my car under five feet of water. What if I can’t get a replacement car and I miss work? What day is it? Is my rent due this week? I don’t have insurance on my cellphone, and I am going to have to replace it. I don’t have the money for that! If I don’t have a cell phone, Ethan can’t reach me, and I’ll lose my job. What if Ethan tries to call and needs me for something before, I get a replacement phone? 

“Reese, what’s going on?” She heard Jess ask in the middle of her swirling panic. “Talk to me.”

Reese blinked, focusing on the crease in Jess’s forehead realizing just how handsome he was. Chiseled cheekbones, a strong jawline with a hint of scruff, a distinctive narrow nose, and beautiful brown eyes. She swears she saw specks of gold mixed in the multiple hues of brown. Tousled short brown hair that fell over his forehead when he wasn’t brushing it back. “Reese.” He said her name again, she felt his hand covering her cheek, and she leaned into it closing her eyes. “I found us some clothes. Here are a T-shirt and a pair of shorts. Do you want to change in the bathroom?” 

Reese didn’t have the energy to respond. She took the clothes and moved on autopilot into the bathroom. Mind numb, she tugged on the clothing and didn’t even bother to look in the mirror. Walking out to the central area, Jess waited. His neon pink t-shirt said relax in big black letters, and his pants were shiny blue spandex. The outfit was made complete with a pair of brown work boots. Reese burst into laughter. “Yeah, I know, but it’s all they had in my size.” She continued her hysterical amusement, tears forming in her eyes. “Seriously, Reese?”



* * * *



Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!