Saturday, March 7, 2020

Saturday Seven - March 7, 2020


Happy Saturday, what have you been up to this week? Here is a rundown of highlights for the week. I hope you find them useful in your life! My goal as a person and a writer are to always Pay-It-Forward, so please let me know how I can help you. YES, YOU!

Enjoy your weekend & this post! Amazing things to come!

~Amy

What am I Reading? - 
So many books, so little time! This week, between unpacking from my recent move, babysitting my granddaughter, working at the day job, Writing Warriors and volunteering in the evening and writing there has been no time for reading! I have several books waiting to be read and I try to keep track of them on Goodreads. If you don’t have an account get one! It is the place to be if you like to read!


What am I Listening to? –  
Unstoppable: A 90-Day Plan to Biohack Your Mind and Body for Success ~  by Ben Angel, Gary Tiedemann, et al. ~ I wasn’t sure about this book but found it fascinating. Check out my review on Sunday!

What Quote am I pondering? –
Earth laughs in flowers. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

What am I Researching? – (an ode to YouTube)
I am constantly dumbfounded by the amount of time my youngest son spends on YouTube. When he was younger, he always watched gaming videos. Grown men giving play by play analysis of the latest game while also screaming and laughing in hysterics. I found it useless and annoying. My daughter has clocked months of YouTube time watching make-up videos. A common phrase in my house became-- headphones, please. I wasn’t bothered by the watching of the videos, but I didn’t have to listen to them as well.

Last night, I was chatting with my son about the flower garden we are going to be planting and composting. He said – out of the blue—Just make sure you don’t throw the apple seeds into the compost pile. I asked why and he replied that apple seeds contain cyanide and if there are too many of them, they can corrupt the compost and kill the plants.

My jaw dropped. I asked him how he’d resourced the information and he said – I saw it on a YouTube video.

Moving into a new house there are lots of things to research. From a new-to-me washer that needs the bearings replaced to how to plant a flower garden, revitalizing an ugly lawn and composting. YouTube is such an amazing resource. I am floored by the way the media channel enables us to educate ourselves as needed! There are YouTube videos for everything!

While my view on YouTube has changed, please, for heaven’s sake, wear your headphones!

Yummy Meal of the Week – 
I found this amazing recipe for making bread in my slow cooker! Check it out here. Bread in 5 minutes!

What did I Learn? – 
As I stated above, I am going to attempt to plant an grow a flower garden in the front and back yard of our new house. For those of you who know me, you know my luck with plants has been wanting. I have a black thumb. This to me is very disappointing. My grandmother could grow a beautiful plant from a dead root and my mother had a huge, thriving vegetable garden in your backyard while I was growing up. The curse of a black thumb is sad to me. The only thing I have been able to keep alive is a peace lily and then it was only because she talked to me. She died last year *sniff* after one of our cats decided it was an awesome place to relieve themselves.

I am not giving up!

I researched and learned how to plant a flower garden with little to no digging. Also learn how to winter grow my flowers in my house as it is still a little chilly and we will inevitably get another freeze before spring.  

I will take pictures and maybe even a video or two of my progress!

Wish me luck!

What am I Watching? – 
No time to watch anything this week too darn busy. I keep hearing a lot of buzz around The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I have looked it over a few times and the trailers look entertaining but never really thought to watch it. Not really my kind of show. I will say I am considering it. If you’ve watched it let me know what you thought!


That is all for this week, my lovelies!
I hope you have an amazing week, and I will talk to you all next Saturday!



###
Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!