Monday, November 25, 2019

NaNoWriMo Monday - Don't Give Up! (I won't!)

Happy Monday Everyone – Yes I am WAY Behind

This month is National Novel Writing Month, aka NaNoWriMo! While NaNoWriMo is not for everyone, the novel-writing challenge is a terrific time to get organized and do some serious puking.  

This past week was challenging to say the least. While I accomplished a whole bunch of awesome stuff my NaNoWriMo challenge was not included in the mix.  I wrote thousands of words in my head, but none of them reached the laptop.  I am not giving up.  I still have 5 days to complete my goal-- yes, this amounts to 10K a day give or take but I can do it. 

Determination is key and so is making every moment count. This mean scheduling and making it happen.  Truth is, folks, life happens. Babies are born, children get sick, and unexpected need this now projects arise however, if you are committed to your goal whatever it may be you will make it work.

Ways to catch up –

Sprints – Set your clock for 10, 20 or 30 minutes and dump, write like the wind

Utilize all tools – dictate into our phone in the car, in the middle of the night, while you are waiting in line –people may think you have lost your marbles but who cares?

Old fashioned- Write on a napkin, write on your hand, write on the back of a place mat, carry a notebook in your pocket or purse.


Stay focused and determined and you will prevail.
Remember, NaNoWriMo is not just about the word count is about testing your limits and seeing what you can accomplish. Learn from the experience.          

If you chose to participate in NaNoWriMo this year, feel free to send me a buddy request. I would love to see how you are progressing and be your cheerleader! Here is my information. I will be updating my progress every Monday!

Hope to see you there and good luck, Warriors!



Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!