Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Whatcha Watchin' Wednesday ~ Television A to Z - Awesome A's Part Three!


So this is my version of the A to Z Challenge Television Style. I am listing the shows having the biggest impact on me, not necessarily the best shows in each category. I thought they were the best when I was watching them. 

See the whole list of A's Here!


In a war-torn world of elemental magic, a young boy reawakens to undertake a dangerous mystic quest to fulfill his destiny as the Avatar, and bring peace to the world.


So this is not an error, yes, this is a cartoon, animation. And if you question why it is on the list you have never seen the series (obviously). With the exception of a horrible attempt at a movie adaptation, this is pretty close to a perfect series. My whole family enjoys watching these repeatedly. The story is active, thought-provoking and timeless, the characters original, heartfelt and many times more human than live action actors. I simply cannot say enough about this groundbreaking series. It showed exclusively on Nickelodeon and can be watched by any age group. If you have not watched it, do it. Now. Seriously. Now.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (2013-Present)


After the Battle of New York, the world has changed. It now knows not only about the Avengers, but also the powerful menaces that require those superheroes and more to face them. In response, Phil Coulson of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division assembles an elite covert team to find and deal with these threats wherever found. With the world rapidly becoming more bizarre and dangerous than ever before as the supervillains arise, these agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are ready to take them on. Written by Kenneth Chisholm (kchishol@rogers.com)


I have to give kudos to Marvel for the success of this show. While some of the characters annoy me, I will watch for the rest of them, especially Agent Coulson. Started off a little slow but has steadily picked up speed over the past two years. With exciting storylines and crossovers into the movies, (take note DC) Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is good old-fashioned fun. (and yes I HAD to spell out S.H.I.E.L.D. correctly, or my son would have scolded me relentlessly!)

Agent Carter (2015-2016)

In 1946, Peggy Carter returned to secretarial duties in the Strategic Scientific Reserve (SSR), despite her pivotal role if the fight against Hydra. Accused of treason, the famed Howard Stark secretly recruits Peggy to clear his name with the help of his butler, Edwin Jarvis.


I didn’t see the original Captain America movie until after I watched Peggy Carter. The attraction and hook of this show are simple – Hayley Atwell.  She is such a brilliant and talented actress. I enjoyed watching her muck it up and prove the big boys wrong week after week.  So sad when the series ended, but I had fun while it lasted!

 
Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!





Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!