Saturday, March 23, 2019

Saturday Seven ~ March 23rd 2019

Happy Saturday, what have you been up to this week? Here is a rundown of highlights for the week. I hope you find them useful in your life! My goal as a person and a writer are to always Pay-It-Forward so please let me know how I can help you. YES, YOU!
Enjoy your weekend & this post! Amazing things to come!
~Amy

·        What am I Reading? –  How To Get Rid Of The Thoughts That Are Clogging Your Brain - “I never thought about that.” So let me get this straight. You’re thinking all the time, and yet, you never think about how much time you spend thinking.
     
      Angel Eyes by William Brian Worthy - A pre-requisite to reading this book should be to first read “The Naked Society” by Vance Packard, which was published in 1964. The state of our society was in fact much worse than Vance Packard portrayed, and in every way, should be more appropriately described as “The Torn Society.” Even five years before the publication of Vance Packard’s book, a turn in the way that people in our society were treated deviated from a normal respect of human rights into the proliferation of a philosophy to make humans available for the exploitation of other humans, namely the so called “upper crust” of society. The tools for achieving this would be modern technology. Our society cannot have peace because it is in conflict with itself, torn by tyranny from within. It is our society, The American Society, The Torn Society. To come to grips with this, the people and leaders of this society need to see what they have become. Fortunately, the angels in heaven saw that the demise of the human race would transpire if The Torn Society would be allowed to run its course. So they sent something to correct that course – their eyes.
This Book is not for the faint-hearted. This book deals with several mature and serious issues. Will the "Torn Society" make the appropriate changes to become a better society? These are some of the many questions this book seeks to answer.

·        What am I Listening to? –  Totally Awesome 80’s! ~ is a local radio station you can also catch it on ALEXA and I LOVE it. They are having an 80’s Prom on April 27th I am totally excited about going. If you are in the Tulsa Area you should totally check it out. If you are not in the Tulsa area but love the 80’s you should also definitely check it out as well for crimped hair, jelly bracelets and Aqua-Net galore!
     
·        What Quote am I pondering? –  Lady I love and admire ~ “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” ~ Audrey Hepburn

·        What am I Researching? –  Believe it or not, Juicing! Yeah, like Jack LaLanne juicing. A friend of mine started juicing about a year ago and it has helped with his anxiety and depression. I am looking into it. Planning on picking up all of the ingredients and he is going to make me a jug of juice to try! I will keep you posted on how it turns out. Highly recommend the documentary ~ Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

·        Yummy Meal of the week –  Mexican Lasagna ~ A friend of mine made this for me for dinner and it was soooo yummy! Here is the recipe.

·         What did I Learn? –   Funny enough I have learned that watching Marvel movies out of order is VERY confusing. With the new movie coming out (see the trailer here) we have decided to watch the Marvel movies from the beginning – in order – so we will be ready for Avengers – End Game!

·         What am I Watching? –  This week was a throwback for me, and a discovery for my new beau. I introduced him to Sherlock. I have personally watched the entire series probably four times so far, and I love it every time I watch it.

Have any thoughts on my week’s activity or want to make a recommendation? Drop me a line, or a tweet. One lucky commenter will win a free Romine book of their choice! Never want to miss a blog post or a Saturday Seven? Join my mailing list and I will be happy to send it straight to your inbox!


P.S. ~ I am on tour promoting my series Trust Me, (Serenity Lost, Veiled Deception and Jaded Promises)all month so make sure you stop by and say hello. Not only because you are AWESOME but because you could win a $50 Amazon. Check out my Twitter or Facebook for locations.

** Added bonus, all of the Trust Me Series Books are on sale at the Extasy site for $1.99!!




Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!