Saturday, March 16, 2019

Saturday Seven! ~ March 16th 2019

Happy Saturday, what have you been up to this week? Here is a rundown of highlights for the week. I hope you find them useful in your life! My goal as a person and a writer are to always Pay-It-Forward so please let me know how I can help you. YES, YOU!
Enjoy your weekend & this post! Amazing things to come!
~Amy

·        What am I Reading? –  Buy a cat, stay up late, don't drink: top 10 writers’ tips on writing by By Travis Elborough ~ I love reading about other writers, their thoughts, habits, and advice. Great article.


      Tribe of Mentors - What would this look like if it were easy? is such a lovely and deceptively leveraged question. It’s easy to convince yourself that things need to be hard, that if you’re not redlining, you’re not trying hard enough. This leads us to look for paths of most resistance, creating unnecessary hardship in the process.~ Tim Ferris

·        What am I Listening to? –  My new favorite song is by Francis and the Machine called – Moderation. I keep listening to it, just love it.

      The 10X Rule  - The only difference between success and failure by Grant Cardone ~ While most people operate with only three degrees of action-no action, retreat, or normal action-if you're after big goals, you don't want to settle for the ordinary. To reach the next level, you must understand the coveted 4th degree of action. This 4th degree, also known as the 10 X Rule, is that level of action that guarantees companies and individuals realize their goals and dreams.
     
·        What Quote am I pondering? –  “Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part”. – unknown.  It is so true and must be remembered. This is one of those quotes you hang on your desk for YOU and everyone to see.” People have this belief that the world revolves around them so when they are in a crisis everyone else should be as well. Not true and not cool. Right?

·        What am I Researching? –  This week the research was all about what scares us as a human being. What makes a movie, book, poem, etc terrifying? What do you think is the answer? Everyone is different of course, fear is highly subjective however the # thing that links all humans is the fear of isolation. Makes sense. “Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else; because if it's just you alone, you're not as much of a threat.” ~ Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

·        Yummy Meal of the week – I discovered Stouffer’s Seasoning Wraps. Funny, I have a link to a video on my site about them and there are all of these comments about how it is the stupidest product ever. I disagree. I love them and thus my write up this week on Friday Food Love!

·         What did I Learn? –  This week I learned focus is key to any endeavor. When you are distracted doing too many other things you are not giving 100% to your goal. Doing 10 things at 10% focus is not as effective as doing 1 thing at 100%.

·         What am I Watching? –  This week I was only able to enjoy one show, Blindspot. I have loved this show from the beginning and I try to enjoy it while folding the seemingly endless amounts of laundry my family seem to generate. 😊

Have any thoughts on my week’s activity or want to make a recommendation? Drop me a line, or a tweet. One lucky commenter will win a free Romine book of their choice! Never want to miss a blog post or a Saturday Seven? Join my mailing list and I will be happy to send it straight to your inbox!


P.S. ~ I am on tour promoting my series Trust Me, (Serenity Lost, Veiled Deception and Jaded Promises)all month so make sure you stop by and say hello. Not only because you are AWESOME but because you could win a $50 Amazon. Check out my Twitter or Facebook for locations.

** Added bonus, all of the Trust Me Series Books are on sale at the Extasy site for $1.99!!




Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!