Saturday, February 23, 2019

Saturday Seven (Feb 23, 2019)

Happy Saturday, What have you been up to this week? I had a long to-do list and I got off course a few times but overall it is all good! Here is a run down of highlights for the week. I hope you find then useful in your life! My goal as a person and a writer is to always Pay-It-Forward so please let me know how I can help you. YES YOU!
Enjoy your Weekend & this post! Amazing things to come!
~Amy

  •  What am I Listening to? – Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. If you are a writer or any kind of artist, I HIGHLY recommend this book. It is inspiring in its look at the source and life of creative thinking and living a creative life. This will be the third time I’ve listened to it on Audible and I just drink it in! Read my review on my blog for more details.
  •  What Quote am I pondering? ~ You don't have to do the picture, you don’t have to do the autograph, but it's important to take that moment to make a human connection. ~ Cindy Crawford (Happy Birthday, Cindy!)
  •  What am I Researching? – I am always attempting to better myself not only as a writer but as a person. Researching and reading up on the latest, greatest and sometimes the past. As a writer aka business owner, I have been researching how success works and who are the leaders. One of the people I have found very helpful is Tim Ferriss (@tferriss. He gave me the idea for a Saturday Seven from his Five Bullet Friday Emails (thank you, Tim!)
  • Yummy Meal of the week This week we were working on a tight budget so no Taco Bell! Instead, I fixed an amazing Zucchini Lasagna using the zucchini as the lasagna noodles! It was super delish! Check out the recipe here. 
  • What did I Learn this week? –  BIG lesson for me this week, on allowing myself to feed into a sudden feeling of being overwhelmed. I am a Mother of four, and a full-time corporate employee along with a writer. I am writing a blog post on how to juggle and how momentum is awesome and terrifying at the same moment.  I am learning it is okay to take a step back, take a breath, regroup and start again instead of allowing myself to be overwhelmed and anxiety-ridden over not being in complete control.  I can do this. I am doing this. I will achieve my goals.
  • What am I Watching? – New on Netflix is The Umbrella Academy, the show is very interesting and beyond entertaining. It reminds me of a cross between The Watchmen and High School Musical. Corny and comical at times it also has a deeper message that is subtle in its context.  I’ve also read a bunch on the graphic-novel creator, Gerard Way who was the lead vocalist and co-founder of the rock band My Chemical Romance until 2013.
 Have any thoughts on my week’s activity or want to make a recommendation? Drop me a line, or a tweet. One lucky commenter will win a free Romine book of their choice! Never want to miss a blog post or a Saturday Seven? Join my mailing list and I will be happy to send it straight to your inbox!




Come Find Me!


Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!