Thursday, February 21, 2019

Awesome Excerpts Thursday - What Happens in Bangkok – Bk 1 – Two Hearts One Love Trilogy by Daryl Devoré


Blurb
To save Darien's life his brother asks, "Can you walk in high heels?"
Erika Bailey, owner/manager of a drag queen club in Bangkok, Thailand has happily settled into all aspects of her new life, except for her lack of a love life. When a new diva auditions, Erika is bewildered over her instant attraction to the blond God, Apollo.
Darien Scott is on vacation after a world tour and mistakenly figures the safest place to be is at The Black Dragon with the head of a Triad. When the club is hit, Darien is the only person to get out alive. Now   he's running from the police and a Triad. Mistake number 1.
Disguised as a drag queen, he's hired by Erika, but falls hard for his new boss, then struggles with not coming clean with her. Mistake number 2.
Can he fix his mistakes and find a life filled with love or is he headed straight for mistake number 3?

Excerpt

Darien's stomach rumbled. "Love some. Kinda hungry. I'll be right out."
After dressing and eating breakfast, Darien settled back in his chair and released a long sigh.

"Feeling better this morning?" His brother grinned.

Darien nodded. "Yeah. Thanks. I so owe you."

"Hell yes, you do. First time Alonzo and I get the same night off in months, and you blow in bloody as hell, trying to escape from a Triad hit." Brian gulped back his coffee. "So now we just have to figure out how to hide you."

"Blond."

Darien glanced at Stewart.

"Dye his hair blond and shave the face fuzz, and no one's going to know who he is."

Brian pushed his chair back and stood. "Pretty drastic, but a good idea, until you can get out of here." He tossed his dishes in the sink.

Darien rubbed his chin. "Won't be on tour for a while, so I can always grow it back. I don't want to die and I'm gonna, if they find me."

Sandee swallowed the last of his breakfast. "Do you know if they are looking for you? The cops, I mean."

"I'd say they are." Lennie looked up. "Watched the news this morning, and the cops have the security video from the Dragon. They did a body count and you're missing. They have your face on the TV asking if anyone's seen you."

"Shit!" Darien thumped his hand on the table. "The cops are gonna want to know what I know about this. Bleeding Sun's gonna wanna know if I saw their shooters, and Nai Jâhng's gang is probably very curious about how I ended up being the only person who got out alive. They're gonna assume I was involved." He rested his elbows on the table and dropped his head into his hands. "I am so fucked."

"Not necessarily."

Darien's brow furrowed as he stared at Stewart, who waggled his eyebrows at Brian.

"Brilliant." Brian grinned at his brother. "Question. Can you walk in high heels?"

 


Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!