Thursday, June 15, 2017

Television A- Z – The BadAss B’s - Part Two



So this is my version of the A to Z Challenge. I am listing the shows having the biggest impact on me, not necessarily the best shows in each category. I thought they were the best when I was watching them. 
See the whole list of B's Here!


Bewitched (1964-1972)

A witch married to an ordinary man cannot resist using her magic powers to solve the problems her family faces.

Obviously I only remember the reruns of this series but I do remember enjoying my days home sick watching this show. I wanted to be a witch and wiggle my nose. Darren has always been quite the debate for some – specifically who was a better – Dick York (1964-1969l) or Dick Sargent (1969-1972) I think I liked the latter of the two. 

Hollywood, of course, tried to make the show into a Bewitched movie in 2005 starring Nicole Kidman, Will Ferrell and Shirley MacLain. It didn’t work. It was cute but the casting was all wrong specifically with Ferrell in my opinion. Darren was not an idiot and in the movie while Ferrell played a different character, the character was clueless which wasn’t funny.  Probably would have been better to go with a straight man like Ryan gosling or Daniel Craig. 

Either way I adored the television show and it will always be loved as classic American velevision.


A woman who moves into an apartment across the hall from two brilliant but socially awkward physicists’ shows them how little they know about life outside of the laboratory.

The premise is simple, it is a classic sitcom and makes me laugh aloud. There will be very few sitcoms on this list but this is in my top 5 of traditional 30 minute sitcoms. All of the characters are unique, flawed and hilarious! I can watch the reruns again and again without being bored. Just love the show and hope it goes on forever!


The Brady Bunch (1969-1974)

The misadventures of a large family united when one widowed and one divorced people married.

Thankfully after several successful movie spoofs of this classic TV show, the Brady Bunch will be known for generations to come. We all watched it, even if you don’t want to miss it. We all remember the adventurous trip to Hawaii, Peter’s changing voice, Marsha’s broken nose, Cindy’s missing doll, Greg’s Hippie phase, Bobby’s fascination with the wild west, Alice and the butcher Sam’s ongoing romance, Jan’s wig, Tiger the dog and of course the cousin Oliver. So many memories of family life if we are not careful we can confuse their adventures with our own memories. 

The Brady Bunch is a part of American culture, and history. Maybe it should be a class in high school sociology? I don’t know, I do know it was great and is cherished by all those who watched and enjoyed!


Thus the end of part two, stay tuned for part three next week. Any thoughts or memories you'd like to share? Please do! Leave a comment and you might get a prize!

Read Part One Here!


Come Find Me!

Don't have a Kindle, no problem. I've got you covered! Read eBooks on your phone, tablet and computer no Kindle Needed!